28 October 2007

after ten days in italy, all i want is some toast...

hello loves!

I am back from Italy, a little more cultured and a few pounds heavier after eating nothing but delicious Italian delicacies all week! Ten days in Italy was ample time to soak up a sense of the lifestyle, and I loved every minute of it (even the cumbersome ones, which I will get to eventually), but I am glad to be back. Now I am embarking on my last half of the semester... only about 6 more weeks to go before I head back home to the States. I have to say the longer I'm here, the more I'm missing home and all of its comforts. Especially with Thanksgiving right around the corner. I'm already feeling the pressure from school, as classes are going to start pouring more work onto us as we approach the end. We start our bake sale business for EEE on Wednesday, and we are starting a PR campaign project in my PR class, which is going to prove difficult I think. We have to come up with a year-long campaign for a real client and present it to them in a few weeks. In Syracuse, we have a whole class dedicated to that... a semester long class... and we're pulling this off, supposedly, in 3 weeks... eek. We will be starting exhibition prints in my photo class to get ready for our photo show at the end of the semester, and of course I will have a good 2000-3000 word essay for my History class, which is something I am going to have to really work at to pull a good grade with my professor. The stress is piling up.

I decided I'm going to do three separate entries for my Italy trip, one dedicated to each city I went to. Each city had a very different vibe and made for a different experience everywhere I went. Rome was all about sight seeing (and celeb spotting), Florence was very art and religion-focused, and Venice was romantic and charming. I loved them all... I definitely can't pick a favorite. I can say, though, that Italy is not cheap, and my bank account is completely tapped out. So I suppose its good I filled up on such delicious food while I was away, because I will be making my meals from bread, cereal, apples, cheese and milk for most of my remaining weeks here. Ah, the life of a broke college kid. At least I get to go broke in such a beautiful place, and not, oh, say, Syracuse, New York...

Look for my entries coming up this week... and keep an eye out for loads of photos from my trip. Miss you all, wherever you may be.

Cheers!

No comments: